Time to finish: 15 minutes!
Looking for a simple, fluffy, creamy buttercream that's great for piping and decorating?
Do you find store-bought frosting to be detestable?
(psst... it's often fully-hydrogenated and tastes just vile)
Look no further: we present to you our favorite buttercream recipe.
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' (powdered) sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk (whole milk is best)
- Your favorite food coloring (optional)
take 15% off your Whisk Wiper order!
- Cream softened butter with a whisk. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until mixture is cohesive. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Add milk and beat for around 4 minutes. If you'd like color, add a few drops of food coloring and continue whisking for another 30 seconds. Add more color as necessary.
- Remove Whisk Wiper with the utmost pleasure, return all that buttercream to the bowl, and revel in the satisfaction that you just saved frosting for an additional cupcake! ... or a quick lick.
This recipe should frost around 10 cupcakes. Enjoy!